After something super tasty but good for you? Try my Cajun Pork with Roasted Veg, Mangetout & Samphire. It’s high in protein and low in carbs, but trust me you won’t even notice. It’s super quick to make and if you’ve never tried samphire, you don’t know what you’ve been missing.
Me and Mr Five Minute Mummy have been following Jo Wicks ‘The Body Coach’ – Lean In 15 for the last few weeks (review coming next week) which follows some of the pricnipals of a reduced carb diet. The recipes are amazing however, as I love cooking and creating new ideas, I decided to try a recipe of my own, so I came up with this little beauty.
4 Pork Chops/Steaks
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Cajun Spice
1 Red Onion
10 Cherry Tomatoes
1 Red Pepper
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Sprinkle the Cajun Spice onto your Pork, rub in and then pour on the honey, make sure they are coated and set to one side. (You can do this in advance)
- Cut the Cherry Tomatoes in half, the Red Pepper into slices and the Red Onion into chunks, drizzle on some olive oil and season with salt and pepper, once the oven is heated pop in the oven for 20-25mins.
- Taking a griddle pan (frying pan will do) warm on a medium to high heat.
- When hot add one Coconut Oil.
- Once the oil has melted add the Pork.
- When the Pork is cooked through add the Mangetout and the Samphire to the pan for a few minutes, until cooked through and warm.
- Remove the Roasted Veg from the oven.
- Add the Mangetout and the Samphire to the dish, mix together and place on a plate.
- Pop the Pork on top of the Veg and Serve!