We love meatballs in our house, but I always end up doing the same recipe with a basic tomato sauce and spaghetti. So I decided to shake things up this week to try something different. I love a trip to Ikea, if only to stop and have some Swedish meatballs, so I figured I would try making them myself. After a bit of research it turns out it’s pretty simple and amazing when severed with mash potatoes and peas.
12 Pre-Made Meatballs
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Plain Flour
400mls Beef Stock
3 Large Potatoes
- Peel and chop your Potatoes and boil.
- Heat the Olive Oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Brown the meatballs.
- Remove the Meatballs from the pan and set to one side.
- Put your peas on the hob boil.
- Melt the butter in the same pan.
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir well.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the stock.
- Keep whisking until it is a thick gravy.
- Return the meatballs to the pan and heat through.
- Once your Potatoes are cooked drain and mash (I always as a little butter and milk)
- Drain the Peas.
- Serve with Mash Potato and Pea.
- Cranberry Sauce also works really well on the side if you have any.