This Tomato & Goats Cheese Tart is so quick and easy to make yet it looks so impressive and it always gets an amazing response. If I have friends popping over for lunch and I’m stuck for ideas this is always my go to recipe. It also make a great lighter option for dinner.
Serves up to 6
Pre-Rolled Puff Pastry (Chilled not Frozen)
5 Salad Tomatoes
Soft Goats Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove the Puff Pastry from the packaging and lay flat onto a baking tray.
- Spread the Tomato Puree over the Puff pastry leaving about an inch around the edge uncovered.
- Slice the Salad Tomatoes and Goats cheese and lay in alternate lines.
- Sprinkle on Fresh Basil.
- Place on the oven and cook for 20-25mins.
- Remove from the oven.
- Slice into six pieces.
- Place on a plate and drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Glaze.
- Serve with Salad
This recipe is so adaptable, you may also like to try mozzarella or brie; one of my favourite ideas it using Red Onion Chutney as the base rather than Tomato Puree.