If one meal is guaranteed to go down a treat in our house it is Spaghetti Bolognese. This is a firm family favourite which, as with all my recipes, is quick. This is my own personal version is a healthy, fast, vegetable filled version of a household staple. Discovering how to make my own Bolognese sauce was a revelation, it is so simple (even my husband can manage it) and far cheaper in the long run. Even better it’s just 1/2 Syn per portion on Slimming World.
Serves 4 (with left overs for lunch the next day)
500g Mince meat
1 Large Onion
10 Baby Plum Tomatoes
30ml Balsamic Vinegar
400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
4 Tbsp Roasted Tomato & Red Pepper Paste
3 Garilc Cloves
- Spray Frylight into a casserole dish or deep saucepan.
- Fry the Mince until browned.
- Add the chopped onion, carrot and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped Baby Plum Tomatoes, Balsamic Vinegar, Tin of Chopped Tomatoes, and the Tomato & Red Pepper Paste, Basil and Garlic.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the Dry Spaghetti.
- Once cooked add to the Bolognese and mixed together well.
- Serve with Rocket.