I love risotto, but it just takes so long, but I have found a solution, baked it. This recipe requires minimal effort, only uses one saucepan, takes around 25 minutes (but only about 5 minutes worth of actual work) and I promise the whole family will love it. As an added bonus it’s also completely Syn free on sliming world. Just watch the easy to follow video or use the recipe below.
You will need:
250g Risotto Rice
1 Pack of Bacon Lardons
3 Chopped Leeks
150g Frozen Peas
150g Low Fat Cream Cheese
700mls Vegetable Stock
How to do it:
- Take a casserole dish and spray with frylight.
- Add the bacon lardons to the pan and brown using a medium heat.
- Chop the leeks and add to the pan, allow to softed but do not brown them.
- Add 250g of risotto rice and stir for one minute.
- Pour in 700mls of vegetable stock and bring back to the boil.
- Cover and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir, place it back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add 150g of frozen peas, stir and place back in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in 150g soft cream cheese.
- Serve with rocket and balsamic vinegar or glaze.